According to the National Safety Council, accidental injury is one of the top three causes of death in the United States. Being involved in an accident can bring many problems to your daily life. Some of the most common issues people have after being in an accident include unexpected medical bills, having to take time off of work, and body pain. However, there are many laws in place to protect victims of personal injury.
Some of these laws include product liability laws, accidental injury laws, and traffic accident laws. These laws will help accidental injury victims get the compensation they deserve to help them recover from their injuries.
Why Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
Although these laws exist to protect you, you might have issues getting the party responsible for your personal injury to comply. This is why you should contact a personal injury attorney. With a professional on your side, you'll be able to better navigate the legal processes. Below are some of the most common scenarios where it's in your best interest to call a personal injury lawyer:
- Injury Due to a Defective Product: Product liability is when a manufacturer is held accountable for any injury that their product might have caused. There are many product liability lawsuits every year. The average product liability award companies pay out during these lawsuits is about $5 million. Having an attorney to help you with your lawsuit will help simplify the process. When a product comes out defective, you have to do a lot of investigating. You will need to make sure you know who will be held responsible for this defect whether it be the retailer, the distributor, or the manufacturer. Your product liability attorney will do all the hard work and determine who should be held responsible for the injury caused by a product defect.
- Construction Accident: Working as a construction worker is hard work and can be a dangerous job. This career is known to be one of the most dangerous careers you can have and it makes up for approximately a fifth of all work-related fatalities. These accidents can lead to permanent injuries, loss of time, and unexpected medical bills. Contacting a construction accident lawyer may help ensure the party responsible for the accident is held liable for your bills and the victim receives the appropriate compensation.
- Medical Malpractice: There are about 100,000 medical malpractice deaths a year in the United States. These deaths are usually due to misdiagnosis or negligence. If you or anyone in your family has been a victim of medical malpractice, contact an expert in medical malpractice law to talk about your options.
- Motorcycle Accident: Many people aren't aware of the fact that motorcycles are 27 times deadlier than motor vehicles. Most of these accidents are due to inattentive drivers and may even lead to death. Contacting a lawyer after a motorcycle accident will help protect your rights.
- Trucking Accident: There are about 500,000 trucking accidents every year. Hiring a truck accident attorney will ensure you have someone on your team fighting for the trucking company to pay for your injuries, damaged property, and any economic loss you might experience.
A personal injury attorney can make it easier for you to navigate the legal process of filing a claim and more. To learn more about how a personal injury lawyer can help, contact the law offices of Garces, Grabler, and LeBrocq today.