Experienced Wrongful Termination Attorneys
New Jersey is an “at will” employment state, meaning your employer has the right to fire you for just about every reason, whether or not there’s actual cause. Even if your boss just doesn’t like you for personal reasons, in our “at will” state, firing you likely isn’t against the law.
However, laws do exist to protect employees from wrongful termination. If you have a written or implied contract with your employer to work for a specified amount of time or achieve certain goals, you may have grounds for a wrongful termination lawsuit. Additionally, you cannot be fired for reasons that violate public policy or discriminate against a protected class.
How A New Brunswick NJ Wrongful Termination Attorney Can Help
You may have been a victim of unlawful or wrongful termination if you were fired for any of the following reasons:
- Race, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or another protected classification
- Marital or family status
- Requesting overtime, rest breaks or lunch breaks
- Requesting an accommodation for a disability or related issue
- Refusing to enter an unsafe workplace
- Political affiliation or taking time to vote
- Serving jury duty
- Taking maternity leave
- Taking medical or family leave
- Opposing to unlawful activity
- Refusing to sign an unlawful non-compete clause
Our wrongful termination lawyers sit down with you, listen and help decide if you have a case. We understand New Jersey law and work tirelessly for our clients.
If you believe you suffered wrongful termination, contact an experienced attorney at Garces, Grabler & LeBrocq to discuss your case. We look forward to helping you seek justice and fair compensation.
To speak with a knowledgeable employment attorney immediately, call us toll free at 800.923.3456 or contact us online to discuss your legal matter today.
We offer affordable legal services to working men and women. We provide both hourly and contingency fee payment arrangements, and offer payment plans in certain circumstances or when appropriate.