New Jersey Sexual Harassment Lawyers
Sexual Harassment is Against the Law
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is a federal law prohibiting employers from discriminating against employees on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, and religion. Sexual harassment falls under Title VII, and can cause serious emotional distress to a victim.
A sexual harassment attorney from Garces, Grabler & LeBrocq handles your case with compassion, skill and understanding. You deserve compensation for your trauma as well as any lost wages — especially if you are fired for refusing sexual advances.
What is Sexual Harassment?
Some employees are afraid or unsure if they’ve been sexually harassed by a co-worker or superior. Harassment occurs in many different ways:
- The harasser can be a man or a woman, a supervisor or co-worker.
- You can suffer sexual harassment from someone of the same sex.
- Harassment includes things like sexual advances, offensive jokes or images, unwanted contact, coercion, or bribery for sexual favors (even implied).
- Harassment also includes discrimination against you for your sexual orientation (actual or perceived).
- Employees may claim sexual harassment lawsuits even if they are not the target, but still suffer from the effects.
If you feel you’re being sexually harassed at work, inform the person responsible that the attention and actions are unwanted and must cease. If this doesn’t help you, go through your company’s grievance system, such as Human Resources. Otherwise, a lawyer working for your sexual harassment case will step in if you find no support (or are even fired) from your company for your complaints.
On the other side of the coin, many people are unaware that some of their actions may come across as harassment. If you are accused of sexual harassment in your workplace, you may also need assistance in learning more about your rights.
If you believe you suffered sexual harassment on the job, contact an experienced attorney at Garces, Grabler & LeBrocq to discuss your case. We look forward to helping you seek justice and fair compensation.
To speak with a knowledgeable sexual harassment attorney immediately, call us toll free at 800.923.3456 or contact us online to discuss your legal matter today.
We offer affordable legal services to working men and women. We provide both hourly and contingency fee payment arrangements, and offer payment plans in certain circumstances or when appropriate.