New Jersey Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Attorneys
If creditors are calling you nonstop, bothering you at work, sending you collection letters, threatening you with a lawsuit, harassing your family, you can put an end to it by filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy. And if you partner with us as your Chapter 7 bankruptcy attorney, you’ll be well on your way to a fresh start.
Working with NJ bankruptcy lawyer Garces, Grabler LeBrocq, a Chapter 7 bankruptcy will help you:
- Keep all property (house, car, etc.) if you’re current on your payments
- Stop all wage garnishments
- Eliminate almost all unsecured (credit card) debt; medical bills; most personal loans; judgments; deficiency judgments associated with the repossession of a motor vehicle
- Eliminate all lawsuits or civil judgments
- Prevent any creditor from placing a lien on your home
- Have your driver’s license reinstated if it had been suspended due to having a car accident while your vehicle was uninsured or due to unpaid parking summons
- In many instances, the debtor does not give up any assets. Businesses also utilize Chapter 7 to discharge their liability on debts.
First things first. As your NJ bankruptcy attorney, we’ll help you start the process by a Chapter 7 bankruptcy by filing a petition, which, for the most part, initiates the “automatic stay.” This prevents those relentless creditors from taking any action against you to collect a debt without following strict rules. That means they can’t call you, they can’t write you, they can’t sue you, and they can’t continue to sue you if they have already started a lawsuit, unless allowed to do so by the bankruptcy court.
A knowledgeable NJ bankruptcy lawyer with Garces, Grabler, Lebrocq can advise you on the details—whether a debt can be discharged, whether you can, and how to keep, assets such as your home, your car, your retirements benefits, and on many other related issues. It’s all a part of building a relationship with you to get you back on your feet.
It’s time to start rebuilding your life with an experienced Chapter 7 bankruptcy attorney. Call us today at 800.923.3456 or contact us online for a free consultation.