New Jersey Workers Comp Law Firm
Workers compensation is a system set up to replace lost wages, provide medical care and permanent disability compensation to workers who have been injured while on the job or who have been made sick due to conditions in their work environment. The system also protects employers from expensive legal battles because workers compensation exists in a no-fault environment.
While workers compensation is designed to not be adversarial, many times that becomes the case as the needs of the worker are pitted against the financial well being of the employer or their insurance company.
In communities such as Elizabeth, Freehold, Plainfield or surrounding communities, an experienced workers compensation lawyer can be a valuable asset in helping you get what you are entitled to and securing your financial future.
You should consider hiring a workers compensation lawyer when:
- You have been denied medical benefits, or you are not receiving the right medical benefits, or you feel you are entitled to more.
- Your injuries are significant enough to require surgery and/or other long-term care.
- You feel you won’t be able to return to your previous job or work or any job on a regular basis.
- Your employer has disputed your claim for benefits or challenged a decision made by your state workers compensation board.
- You want to challenge a negative decision made by your employer, their insurance company or the state’s workers compensation division.
Workers compensation law is highly complex, and attempting to navigate through those laws on your own can put you at a serious disadvantage. A workers compensation lawyer can level the playing field and also advise you on other matters as well, including filing for Social Security disability benefits or assisting you in obtaining money for retraining to help your move into a new job or career.
Garces, Grabler & LeBrocq is a full service New Jersey law firm with offices in Elizabeth, Freehold, Hackensack, Newark, New Brunswick, Perth Amboy, Plainfield and Trenton.