April 20, 2023
Oakland, NJ (April 19, 2023) – A 25-year-old man suffered serious injuries following a car crash that took place in the Oakland area on Saturday, April 15.
Just before 4:30 p.m., 25-year-old Allen Fall was traveling north on Route 287 in a Ford F2 50 pickup truck. For unknown reasons, the vehicle was involved in a T-bone collision with a Nissan Xterra, which was traveling northbound on the road.
The impact of the crash caused the Nissan to overturn. The pickup truck continued forward and skidded along the center median before crashing into a sign pole.
Fall suffered severe injuries as a result of the crash. He was rushed to an area hospital, where he underwent emergency treatment. The driver of the Nissan was treated for minor injuries.
The crash prompted authorities to block off multiple lanes of the road for more than 4 ½ hours as they worked to clear the scene. Investigations are currently underway.
We hope Allen Fall and the second victim injured in this accident recover quickly.
Car Accidents in New Jersey
Thousands of motor vehicle accidents are reported in New Jersey every month. Many of these accidents leave victims with serious injuries that affect their lives forever. Common injuries that are reported following car accidents include:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is incredibly common in motor vehicle accidents due to the sudden jerking of the human body. When a vehicle is hit with force, the body will continue in the same direction until it is pulled to a stop, most commonly by the seatbelt. Unfortunately, the neck can be affected by sudden jerking.
- Concussion: Like whiplash, concussions are often a result of the head being subjected to significant jerking. This type of injury is the result of the brain striking the inside of the school. Concussions can lead to loss of balance, pain, and other consequences that can be overwhelming to deal with.
- Broken bones: Broken bones are another common injury following motor vehicle accidents. Some of the most common broken bones are the arms, legs, ankles, and wrists and accidents. Depending on the type of impact, broken ribs can be common as well due to striking airbags or steering wheels.
- Head injuries: Injuries to the head can be incredibly painful. There are many instances where people suffer skull fractures, traumatic brain injuries, and even facial injuries as a result of accidents.
- Spinal cord injuries: These injuries can result in paralysis, which can impact nearly every aspect of a victim’s life. Spinal cord injuries are some of the most debilitating injuries that a victim can suffer. Unfortunately, motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of them.
If you have suffered an injury due to an automobile accident, you may be able to take legal action. Seeking help from a car accident lawyer in Oakland is critical when it comes to providing yourself with the best chance of getting justice.
If you have suffered injuries due to an automobile accident caused by the negligence of another driver, our experienced legal team at Garces Grabler & LeBrocq is here for you. We understand how difficult this time can be for victims of personal injuries and are dedicated to providing them with the support they need in order to make sure justice is served. Our team is fully committed to taking an aggressive approach toward representing our clients so they are better able to protect their legal rights and get justice. To get started on your case, contact our New Jersey personal injury law firm at 800-923-3456 to schedule a free consultation.
Notes: Many of the accidents we write about could have been avoided. By disseminating information about serious incidents, we seek to arm our readers with the knowledge they need to prevent being seriously injured in an accident. This piece was created using external sources, including news articles and eyewitness descriptions of the collision and injuries. Therefore, the presented specifics of the accident have not been independently verified. Please notify us immediately if you find any inaccuracies in the article, or if you wish to have the post deleted, we will rectify the content or remove the post.
Disclaimer: This is not a business solicitation, and none of the material presented is intended to be legal or medical advice. The featured image used in this post was not taken at this actual accident scene.