***Updated 3/25/2020: Given the continually changing protective measures to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to provide you an update and assure you that we continue to focus on our clients needs. On Saturday March 21st, Governor Murphy issued a shutdown order closing non-essential businesses. Under that order, law firms are considered essential services. We remain open and fully operational to handle your needs. In order to put the safety of our clients and staff first, we are only allowing clients into our offices by appointment until the order is lifted. We are operating Monday – Friday from 9-6 and our attorneys and secretaries are available by phone and email to handle any questions you may have.***
I wanted to take a moment to provide you with an update on how GGL is addressing the challenges of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) as new developments continue to occur. We have offices throughout the Region, and our hearts go out to the many communities that have already been impacted.
Our clients and our employees are our #1 priorities. We want to assure our clients that we are continuing to work for you. Our offices are open but we have in place telecommuting technology to allow our attorneys, paralegals, and many of our support staff to have remote access to our network, telephones and document management systems.
We are taking the following steps in conjunction with CDC and state guidelines to ensure continuity of services as well as provide a safe environment for both our clients and our staff:
- Unless instructed otherwise, we will maintain normal business hours, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday, from our offices, or remotely.
- We have educated our staff on daily measures they are taking to stay safe, including frequent hand washing, use of hand sanitizer, and social distancing.
- All meeting spaces are routinely sanitized, including frequently touched surfaces, door handles, copy equipment, countertops and restrooms.
- In addition to our normal cleaning services, we have conducted additional disinfecting of our premises.
- Hand sanitizers are prevalent throughout the Firm and employees are encouraged to follow guidelines put forth by the CDC.
- We have encouraged our lawyers and staff to cancel non-essential in-person meetings in favor of our temporary preference for telephone and video-conferenced meetings when possible as social distancing is now the norm.
As new guidelines are issued, we will adjust these steps accordingly.
Thank you again for your continued partnership. GGL is committed to taking the necessary steps to help support our clients and employees during this unpredictable time. We hope that you and your families stay safe. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at Garces Grabler & LeBrocq.
Lawrence A LeBrocq, Esq.