Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
As our population ages, we are all confronted with the plethora of issues surrounding short- and long-term care for our loved ones who are unable to care for themselves. Sadly, instances occur where the care they should be receiving is less than what it should be and the results are often devastating to the patient.
We can help seek redress for those injured through the negligence or wrongdoing of others in these situations. There are a variety of statutory schemes which can assist us in pursuing that redress, including The Nursing Home Bill of Rights, The N.J. Elder Abuse Statute, and various federal regulations.
In these situations, injuries may range from decubitus ulcers (bedsores), fractures, and burns, to sexual assaults, failure to treat, and other problems created by neglect.
We will aggressively pursue these cases and utilize a variety of techniques to uncover the causes of the injuries and to make a recovery and attempt to ensure the events leading to the injuries are not repeated.
Among the methods employed, we will:
- Obtain the complete nursing home charts and all other appropriate medical records
- Research the facility and interview former employees
- Evaluate whether the sub-standard care was a proximate cause of the injury
- Obtain an Affidavit of Merit from a qualified professional
- Identify the proper defendants and conduct aggressive discovery
To speak with an experienced Personal Injury attorney immediately call us toll free at 1–800–923–3456 or contact us online to discuss your legal matter today.