Garces Grabler
Better Business Bureau

Immigration Law

Starting The American Dream Through Legalization:
Family, Work, Education or Asylum, Court and Other Options

The Law firm of Garces & Grabler, P.C. is an established law firm with an Immigration Practice Group that prides itself with meeting the special needs of each client in the complex and ever changing field of immigration and naturalization law.

Our central immigration office is conveniently located at 20 Green Street, 2nd Floor, Newark, New Jersey, within a block of the Federal Buildings: Federal Courthouses, Rodino Federal Building (containing the Immigration Court and the U.S. Citizenship and Naturalization Services).

We are also conveniently located near Penn Station and other forms of public transportation.

Other essential immigration services located near the firm are:

We have other offices conveniently located throughout New Jersey in Elizabeth, Freehold, New Brunswick, Trenton, Perth Amboy and Plainfield.

back to top

The Immigration Department of Garces & Grabler, P.C. understands the complexity of immigration laws and regulations and their attorneys and staff have in excess of twenty years experience servicing the needs of individuals from all countries, ethnic groups, cultures and religions.

Permanent Residency
Temporary Visas
Naturalization — Becoming a US Citizen
Removal — Deportation/Exclusion
Administrative Review
Employer Sanctions

Our multilingual attorneys and staff are there to assist you in Immigration Court Proceedings, Appeals, Family Petitions, Business related applications, Asylum, Naturalization, Citizenship, and a multitude of various immigrant and non-immigrant visas.

back to top

We have experience in representing both complex and simple immigration matters for clients from all over the world.

We have a high approval rate in successfully representing individuals in removal and deportation/exclusion proceedings before the Immigration Courts, Board of Immigration Appeals, and other Federal Courts.

In today’s climate, any matter concerning immigration requires representation by competent legal counsel. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigrations Services, formerly Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) may disqualify a person from benefits for even a simple indiscretion, minor infraction of criminal/civil law, using a false social security number or name or utilizing fraud to obtain a government benefit.

Our multilingual staff will assist and guide you through the complicated procedures to gain the “American Dream.” Our staff will first evaluate each client’s particular situation. Once evaluated, your case is assigned to an attorney best suited for your individual circumstances.

Whether you already have family here or wish to assist family, friends or workers in coming to the United States; or avoid removal from the United States; or need assistance in becoming a United States citizen, our competent and highly experienced attorneys and staff will assist you in your search for the “American Dream.”

back to top

What our offices can do for you or your business in all fifty (50) states, U.S. possessions and U.S. consulates:

back to top

Permanent Residency

Non-Immigrant Visas/Temporary stay in the U.S.

back to top


A Visa is a permit to apply to enter the United States. It classifies your visit or stay in the United States. For a temporary visit you need to obtain a non-immigrant visa. For permanent residency you need to obtain an immigrant visa.

New Immigration Waiver Available for Undocumented Immigrants with Immediate Relatives Who are U.S. Citizens

If you do not currently have any immigration status in the United States, but you have a husband, wife, adult son or daughter, or parent who is a U.S. citizen, you may be able to apply for a waiver of your undocumented presence in the United States. You may have been told before that you were not eligible to file an immigration application, but this newly announced waiver will allow you to obtain permanent resident status in the United States by traveling to your native county for a short time for an interview, where you will retrieve your permanent visa.

In order to receive this waiver, you will need to prove that you have a sufficiently close U.S. citizen relative (parent, spouse, or adult son or daughter) and that your U.S. citizen relative would suffer an extreme hardship if you are not granted permanent resident status in the United States. 

The government has announced that it will begin accepting these waiver applications on March 4, 2013.  Our immigration attorneys have plenty of experience with proving the type of hardship that the government looks for in applications like these. We can review your immigration background with you and help you to decide which waiver application is right for you. With the right information, you can avoid filing the wrong application or filing an application without the right type of evidence. 

Our most recent Immigration successes

Permanent Residence Obtained for Undocumented Immigrant

New Jersey immigration attorney David M. Wasserman, Esq. of the Law Office of Garces & Grabler, P.C., represented a Mexican man, G.M., who had been living and working in the United States since 1990. Mr. Wasserman successfully proved before the U.S. Immigration Court that G.M. should not be removed from the United States, because of the extraordinary hardship to his U.S. citizen children.

G.M. was pulled over by police for a broken taillight, and the police arrested him for presenting a driver’s license from Washington State. New Jersey’s policy regarding undocumented immigrants led the police to notify the Department of Homeland Security. DHS then placed G.M. in removal proceedings.

Mr. Wasserman applied for cancellation of removal for G.M., a defense available because of his 20-year period of residence in the United States and his U.S. citizen children. Thanks to Mr. Wasserman’s efforts, G.M. will not be removed from the United States and is now on the path to U.S. citizenship.

Mr. Wasserman and the other immigration attorneys at Garces & Grabler, P.C. represent non-citizens from all walks of life before immigration courts and agencies in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.

To contact an immigration attorney, call us toll free at 1–800–923–3456 or contact us online to discuss your legal matter today.

  • Administrative Law
  • Appellate law
  • Bankruptcy
  • Consumer Law
  • Divorce & Family Matters
  • DWI
  • Employment Law
  • Cancellations
  • Immigration
  • Municipal Court
  • Landlord Tenant Law
  • Auto Accident
  • Construction Accident
  • Dog Bites/Animal Attacks
  • Fall Downs
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Negligent Security
  • Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
  • Product Liability
  • Public Transportation Accident
  • Victims of Violent Crimes Comp
  • Worker's Compensation
  • Wrongful Death
  • Alternative Dispute Resolution
  • Business Formation
  • Business Transactions
  • Collections
  • Contract Dispute Litigation

  • Sitemap