Arlindo B. Araujo, Esq.
Over eighteen years of practical experience, Arlindo “Art” Araujo has counsel and defended clients in the general practice of law. He has been practicing in diversified areas of law since 1993. Art handles administrative, bench and jury trials in the areas of criminal law, civil litigation, immigration removal / deportation matters, public employment, family law and personal injury cases.
Mr. Araujo is licensed in the States of New Jersey, New York, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and Federal District Courts. In addition to these states, he has been involved in litigation matters in Michigan, Brazil and immigration courts throughout the United States. Additionally, he has completed business transactions involving the purchase/sale of real property and businesses such as restaurants, bars, gas stations and manufacturers. Mr. Araujo was winning counsel in the tax matter of Liapakis v. State Dept. of Treasury, Div. of Taxation, 363 N.J. Super. 96 (App. Div. 2003).
Other notable matters handled by Mr. Araujo:
- Qualified as in court expert on domestic violence in Family Court
- Six figure award in an employment law case against restaurant for discrimination
- Six figure award for an employee retaliated by a Fortune 20 international company
- Six figure settlement in automobile negligence case
- Personal injury court verdict for victims of assault at dance hall
- Jury verdict against partner for breach of contract
- Not guilty jury verdict in attempted murder case at nightclub
- Reduced tax claims against taxpayers involving IRS and State tax authorities
- Immigration Cancellation of Removal cases stopping deportation for immigrants with hardships, disabilities and criminal records
- Clemency for bank robber saving client from removal from the USA to China
- Represented police and correction officer unions in labor contracts with management
- Represented Catholic school elementary teachers for better working conditions
- Litigate cases involving Landlord/Tenant matters, claims against police departments, domestic violence and family divorce law
- Represented clients in liquor license transfers, zoning issues and procurement / defense of professional licenses involving teachers, nurses and law enforcement
- Formation and counseling of non-for-profit groups such as social clubs, churches and community service entities.
Mr. Araujo attended college at Rutgers University and earned degrees in Accounting and Philosophy. Prior to practicing law, Mr. Araujo was an auditor at the Deloitte & Touche. During law school, Art was the Article’s Editor for the Seton Hall Legislative Journal and published Federal Surface Transportation for the 1990s and Beyond: Moving Ahead? 16 Seton Hall Legis. J. 685 (1992). He was a member of the Moot Court Board. Following graduation from Seton Hall University School of Law, Art completed his LL.M. in taxation at New York University School of Law.
Adding to his commitment to the law and the effective representation of clients, Art is fluent in his native Portuguese language and proficient in the Spanish language. Additionally, Art earned the Steuben Society of America award for German language studies. He is an extensive traveler of the world, having visited over 65 countries, and is active in his community’s affairs.
“I want to confirm that we did receive the check. We would like to thank you for your representation and all of your work performed that provided us with a great result.” – actual client.
New Jersey 1993; Federal District of New Jersey
New York 1996; Southern District of New York
Seton Hall University School of Law J.D. 1993
New York University School of Law LL.M. 1995
New Jersey Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
New York Bar Association
American Immigration Lawyer's Association
LLC & LLP Formation
Negotiation & Lease Agreements
Drafting Employment Contracts & NonCompete Agreements